Sunday, November 14, 2010

To the Market, to the Market Jiggity Jig!



Do you remember that nursery rhyme. I sing it every time I go to the markets. Markets are big here in Germany. They are several through out the city. There is one twice a week that is just about two blocks from our apartment. It has several vendors that set up from early morning to around a little after lunch. Some vendors are the same every week and some are different. They sell things like fresh fruits, vegetables, cheeses, meats, breads and flowers.
The other day I tried to ask for a Thanksgiving turkey. I tried to use German and I think I asked for what would be equivalent to a 40 lb. turkey by mistake. I was so busy trying to speak in German that I got the pound thing all screwed up! Apparently they do not sell 40lb. turkeys here. Who knew!




One day I will get you some pictures of the market itself, but today I have some other market pictures to show you.
First, I am showing you the picture of the basket I bring. I got this in the US, and it is wonderful for the markets.
Second, I am showing you a picture of the eggs. They eggs are wonderful here. Sometimes you can still see the feathers on the eggs. That is OK with me. It means fresh and chemical free!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment